Who said we’re supposed to let Harry go? With the final movie screaming THE END and the looming Pottermore, Potterheads all over the world are still walking in a daze. It’s like we’ve all fallen in Potter limbo. This is why eight of us bloggers/writers/fans decided to make the best of this poor sandwiched week and proclaim it POTTERCHAT WEEK. It’ll be full of discussions and prizes. Read more below:
Can't let go of the excitement of seeing Deathly Hallows Part 2? On pins and needles until the opening of Pottermore and hoping you'll be one of the lucky early entries?
Then join our #PotterChat every day this week for fantastic blogging and Tweeting on all things Potter! Each day, some of our lovely and extremely interesting bloggers will bring you a new post on Potter sure to help quench your craving for that golden Harry Polyjuice. Then, at special designated times on Twitter, join us for a #PotterChat, where you can discuss live with the bloggers and other fans all things Potter -- your review of the movie, your expectations for Pottermore, whatever.
But BEST OF ALL -- is the PotterChat Scavenger Hunt. Follow the clues from one blog to another, collect the Q&A answers and a nearby letter, then put each letter together to form one very special Potter word. When all answers and accompanying letter have been revealed, e-mail the unscrambled word to PotterChat8@gmail.com. First correct entry gets first choice of prizes, second entry gets second choice, and so on.
Here are our fabulous Bloggers with links to their blog and Twitter:
---------> PotterChat Announcement!
Jami Gold, Paranormal Author by Jami Gold on Harry Potter and Beyond: What Inspires You to Write? (8:30 a.m. Eastern)
Bekah Snow's blog by Bekah Snow on Heroes Worth the Read: Ways to Make Your Characters Jump into Readers' Hearts (7 a.m. Eastern)
Alivia Anders; Musings of a Microwaving Burrito Enthusiast by Alivia Anders on Why We Still Feel Sympathy for the Bad Guys
Kiki Hamilton, Author, by Kiki Hamilton on The Magic of Harry Potter: People, Places and Things (10 a.m. Eastern)
Paranormal Point of View by Lisa Gail Green on How To Leave 'Em Wanting More! The Wonderful World of Potter (7 a.m. Eastern)
Lyn Midnight Against the Odds, by Lyn Midnight on The Boy Who'll Live Forever... in Fan Fiction (9 a.m. Eastern)
--------> Final Round-up and Prize Winners
Here's the schedule for our one-hour #PotterChats on Twitter each day. We've tried scheduling for various time zones. Simply follow the owl...I mean the hashtag! :-)
- Monday: 9 pm Eastern
- Tuesday: 4 pm Eastern
- Wednesday: 11 am Eastern
- Thursday: 9 pm Eastern
- Friday: 5 pm Eastern (where we'll reveal the prize winners!)
Scavenger Hunt Prizes:
- A copy of The Faerie Ring when it releases Sept 27th from Kiki Hamilton
- A first chapter critique by Lisa Gail Green
- 3 chapter Beta read swap from Bekah Snow
- A first chapter (20 pages or less) critique from Alivia Anders
- A query letter critique OR critique of your first 5 pages by Avalon Jaedra
- Beta read up to 5K words by Jami Gold
- A first chapter critique (up to 20 pages) by S.P. Sipal
- A critique of your first two chapters OR a guest spot on my blog from Lyn Midnight
- A PDF or Kindle copy of A Writer's Guide to Harry Potter by S.P. Sipal
Scavenger Hunt List of Clues:
Here are the clues that you will have to follow and find throughout the week. Once you have visited all 8 blogs and found ALL 8 clues, please e-mail your list of answers and which blog they were found on to Potterchat8@gmail.com.
Please note: You cannot submit your entry until 9 a.m. Eastern on Friday, when all 8 answers have been revealed on the blogs!
- In Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone, when Professor McGonagall introduces Harry to Oliver Wood saying that she's found him a Seeker, she also notes that Harry caught the Remembrall in a dive that even who could not have done?
- In Chamber of Secrets, who helped get Harry out of trouble in Filch's office by persuading Peeves to crash the vanishing cabinet on the floor above?
- In Prisoner of Azkaban, what shape did Dean's Boggart take?
- In Goblet of Fire, what does Dobby reveal to be his pay per week for working at Hogwarts?
- In Order of the Phoenix, the Weasley twins planted this outside of Umbridge's office before leaving Hogwarts.
- In Half-Blood Prince, during Dumbledore's visit to Tom Riddle's orphanage, he instructs Tom to empty items out of his box in his wardrobe. Name one of the three items mentioned.
- In Deathly Hallows, this gift was the end of Peter Pettigrew.
- In Deathly Hallows, on the radio show Potterwatch!, although he wanted to be called "Rapier," Lee Jordon initially introduced one of the Weasley twins as... (this name).
Thanks for visiting and for playing! We look forward to a wonderful week with lots of fun!
Post-script: A quick thank you to S.P. Sipal for her hard work on this project. *hugs*