Ads 468x60px

Sunday 2 December 2012

Welcome to Wherever You Are!



“I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be.” Douglas Adams


Today is the second day of December, 2012. According to the Mayan calendar, we have 19 days left to enjoy this crazy life. Well, if that’s all I have, I’ll make it count… which means just carrying on as usual. No need to go crazy when your life is going surprisingly well. Right? Okay, maybe it's not going perfectly...

I don’t have a boyfriend, or the job of my dreams, and I live with a strange family in a strange country. At 25, I am not a raging success, but who is?! I can use the next few years to find myself. And when I do, I’ll be happier for it.

No need to have your panties in a twist when something doesn't go according to *plan*. I mean, if you have a roof over your head, a bunch of great friends, and tons of dreams you just know will come to fruition one day, what's there to complain about? 

This life can be really good, even if you're struggling right now.




So let’s talk about this quote on the top of the page. I thought it would be a useful exercise to take my *Quotes of the Day* and reflect on how they make sense to me, in my life. This one fits perfectly what I was thinking earlier, as I was walking on the treadmill (no joke, I'm exercising!).

I was thinking how at the beginning of 2012 I had NO IDEA I would end up in Rome, a city where I wanted to go but never had any reason to go. It’s one of those things you say you’d do one day, but you never come around to it. Not only did I get around to it, but I am living here now!

Isn’t that amazing? And it’s definitely the place I needed to be.

So the quote is very appropriate here. I wonder where I’ll end up in 2013…

Anyway, today I find myself grateful for everything I have. Every day is a gift, and I know it sounds cheesy, but it’s true! If I hadn’t gone broke and homeless at the beginning of this year; if the first family hadn’t fired me in the spring; and if I hadn’t been so insistent on leaving Bulgaria in the summer, I would probably not have ended up in Italy. So next time something bad happens, I’ll know for sure it’s for a good reason. Life is so constructed.

Today I am grateful for this incredible adventure. Tomorrow, who knows! And next year… I’ll find myself where I need to be again. Always. Now, enough about me...


Does this quote resonate with YOUR life story?


P.S. Here’s an awesome feel-good song by the amazing Bon Jovi. Enjoy!