Quick post today. I’m being rushed by a crazy mother with a list-of-hell-babies-I-need-to-pack, and she’s relentless. I’ll also be consuming alcohol and indulging in belly-dancing at Bulgarian night clubs with a couple of friends, after which I’ll get on a plane to Jolly Ol’ England.
That’s right. Vacation’s over.
But before I go, I wanted to acknowledge a wonderful blog award I got a few day ago by the lovely Kathleen Doyle, who blogs about everything, including movies, writing, syfy, and so on. She’s also a very kind person and I’m honored she thought of me when she got this award from Jennie Bennett, who we all know and love.
Now I’m supposed to bore you with 7 (embarrassing) things about me.
1. I like to sing along to every song that’s on, but I sing off-key every time. I wanted to be a singer when I was a kid… alas, I grew up and realized that not every sand castle is meant to last.
2. You must never mention Killing Me Softly to me (WHAT DID I JUST SAY!), or else... I'll take you off my white list. I don't really have a black list, but I make one just for you.
3. I talk in my sleep. I sleepwalked once. I might also sleep-sing. It happens.
4. When I was little, I was obsessed with soap operas. I’ve watched every one that was aired on TV between 1995 and 2000. I even had a diary where I wrote the key scenes down.
5. One of my MAJOR guilty pleasures is The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Okay, I don’t really like vamps, but Rose is not a vampire but a dhampir, which is very different, and besides, she reminds me of Buffy a lot. Brought back those memories of my adolescence.
6. I don’t like The Office. Whatever anyone says, it’s dumb.
7. I hate cooking. The closest I ever get to that is when I make myself pancakes. And I only do it because it’s fun to flip them in the air. I’m like a kitchen ninja. Give me a pan and some eggs!
And now for the people I’ll pass this lovely award to:
(I don't care if you've too many awards already!)
1. Tracey Hansen (look out for the HumpDayChallenge on Wednesdays!)
2. Stacy Green (the queen of all things crime and thrilling)
3. Angela Wallace (very insightful, very engaging)
4. Amber West (I like it when she rants…)
5. Carissa Elg (MY PRECIOUS)
6. Ozlem Yikici (who is a compulsive blogger)
7. Michael Offutt (watch out for that one)
Okay guys, the ball’s in your courts. I’m outie. :O)