Ads 468x60px

Tuesday 17 May 2011

[teeny tiny poems]

Ever heard of the Tiny Weeny competition (@Leaf Books)? It's closed now, but I've been racking my brain to think of funny little gems to send next time it opens @ http://bit.ly/jET6EZ. Here's some I have:


1.  The Anguished Sandwich

       Without mayonnaise,
           I STAND NO CHANCE
       to touch your lips.



2.  Proposal

I would comply if you asked
Gently, like breeze
      ‘will you marry me?’
  I might.



3.  Alive

The average man spends his life
     Chasing after that
                   which he is:
                         Alive.


4.  Man’s Word

My choice is to be loved,
   Not hated.
My life is to be lived,
   Not wasted.



5.  One Word

If the whole world could be fit in a word,
          Hands down. It should be absurd.



6.  Devil’s Decree

In your blood I spelled out
                     the Devil’s Decree:
        My eye for your life.


You like? <3

0 comments: