Ads 468x60px

Friday 21 October 2011

Change Your Mind by Marcia Richards

(Source: Mindful Success)

Hello there, faithful followers and fans!
Today we have gathered... to blog-hop for another Life List Club Friday of FUN! While I am yapping away at dear David Walker's place, it is my EXTREME pleasure to host Marcia, whose post rings so true to my style that I'm afraid we might have been separated at birth. Oh well. Check it out! (Then head to David's later!)
***
We're not talking about changing your mind with regard to today's outfit or which movie to watch or...well maybe we are.
To change your life, you need only change your mind.
I know. Everyone's saying this. But, here's the thing...it's a really powerful statement and...it's the truth. 
Every one of us, at some time in our lives, has wished for something in our lives to be different. Some people try to change; they fail; then they travel the same road again only to fail again. Others just keep wishing. A few succeed in changing. Why them and not us? Change requires action. 
If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting. (Definition of insanity)
If you want to:
* have more fun - Stop taking yourself and life so seriously.
* have a job you love - Improve your skills, network, stop resisting change. 
* have time to relax - Say 'No' more often and make better choices.
* get fit - Decide to eat less and move more everyday.
* manage money better -  Stop buying things you don't need. Simplify.
*feel better about yourself - Don't compare yourself to others.
* be more understood - Communicate better. People aren't mind readers.
* be yourself - Stop trying to impress others. Impress yourself.
* be successful - Make a plan and follow it to reach your goal.
* put yourself first - Do what matters to you-find your passion. Now.
*stop feeling deprived - Appreciate everything you do have.
I know these answers are simplistic, but that is truly all it takes. Find the simple answer and act on it. Change your mind.

I remember years ago, as a stay-at-home Mom, I was bored. A friend of mine and I decided to spend at least Friday evenings at a movie with our kids and dinner at a reasonable restaurant. Over time it became two nights a week having dinner out and on movie night, we put the kids in a kid's movie and went to an adult movie in the same complex.
Think about my frivolousness here. In 1997: Two restaurant dinners (1 adult and 1 child) twice a week, plus tax and tip = approximately $60. Two movie tickets = $15 for a monthly total of $300!
All this time I was enjoying my new ritual, as was my son, and I was complaining about not having enough money to buy myself new clothes, let alone take a vacation. *Head slapping moment*
My girlfriend and I should have planned to eat at each other's homes twice a week and watch videos together. It would have given us each the break we needed and I would have saved all I needed  to buy new clothes or saved for a vacation.
The simple answer is Change Your Mind.
Do you need to change your mind about something to move forward with a dream? Or, maybe you have already made some changes. Please tell us about them. I'm really interested.

Marcia Richards is a veteran blogger and author of Marcia Richards’ Blog…Sexy. Smart. From The Heart. Marcia writes about Sweet Obsessions, 20th Century American History, and the path to realizing your dreams. She has a Historical Trilogy and a collection of Short stories in progress. When she’s not writing, she can be found playing with the grandkids or her husband, traveling or turning old furniture into works of art. She believes there is always something new to learn. Come hang out with Marcia on twitter or facebook. Visit Marcia on her site.