Ads 468x60px

Monday 26 September 2011

Monday Mistletoe: Memorable Smooching Scenes!

(Who doesn't remember that one?)


Have you noticed that Monday always comes around faster than the other days of the week? I mean, if there was a competition, the rest of the week would eat Monday’s dust ruffles!

It’s not a bad thing, though. I get to talk about movies, which I don’t just do on Mondays. But this time I’ll blog about… SMOOCHING. That’s right. Cover your baby’s eyes and don’t worry about your teens because we won’t be going beyond first base today… or any other day for that matter. *blush*

Another thing that comes round faster than its peers is September. It’s the time when carefree children brace themselves for school and grown-ups spend their last money on one last whiff of tan. There’s excitement too: maybe there’s a promotion or the bookstore is running sales on stationery. Or if you’re like me, you’re in limbo: no man’s land; in-between jobs and worlds.

But wait! We all have something in common. Whether you work, go to school, or stuff your face with Cheetos all day, you’re probably excited because your favorite TV Show is back on! The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Gossip Girl, House M.D., Pretty Little Liars, One Tree Hill, Grey’s Anatomy, Ghost Whisperer, Lost Girl, Fringe, How I Met Your Mother, etc. etc. And you know what? I watch all of those. *cough* No, I’m not ashamed.

So in-between all the excitement, I’d completely forgotten how exciting it was to wait each new episode, praying that your favorite couple (or couple-to-be) will finally…

Kiss.

Hence today’s topic. I want you to remember all those beautiful moments on screen, which made you forget about your own tragic love life. No? Maybe it’s just me then…

Now onto business! Below I’ve listed my favorite long-awaited (first) kiss scenes from all of my favorite TV shows, in reverse order. Old and new… borrowed and blue. We’re going way down on memory lane, so make sure your shoes are comfortable and your mind is blank.

Breathe in… breathe out… Hey WAIT, don’t throw tomatoes; I’m starting, okay?!


<SMOOCHING TIME>



10. Smallville. Clark and Chloe:






Clark and Louis:



9. Grey’s Anatomy. Izzie and Denny:




8. One Tree Hill. Haley and Nathan:



7. The O.C. Seth and Summer:




6. How I Met Your Mother. Robin and Ted:



Ted and Victoria:



5. The Vampire Diaries. Damon and Elena:



4. Greek. Casey and Cappie:



3. Buffy. Buffy and Angel:



2. Friends. Monica and Chandler:


Rachel and Ross:



1. Gilmore Girls. Rory and Logan:



Luke and Lorelai:



Now, I know some of those weren’t technically first kisses. And I have inexplicable hatred for Peyton from One Tree Hill, Lana from Smallville, Marissa from The O.C., Stefan from Vampire Diaries,  and Serena from Gossip Girl… which I have excluded from the list altogether.

Oh and I don’t like True Blood. They pronounce Sookie’s name like Suckie.

Phew, feels like giant weight has been lifted from… uh-oh. What are you planning to do with that tar? And why are you de-feathering those chickens? I wonder if you’ll be friends with me?

(Yes, I quoted the whale as he fell to the ground. Yes, I’m a dork.)


Which are YOUR favorite smooching moments? Is there a moment you’re impatiently awaiting now? Which shows are you currently hooked on? I wanna know!